- Please acquaint yourself with the research of the participating groups on the respective website and select up to three groups of interest. Your choice here is not binding. If you are invited to the interview, you will have the opportunity to change your preferences, as you hear more about the labs and projects.
- Please use our online application portal (see open positions). You can apply to us in just a few steps. Immediately after sending the form, you will receive a confirmation of receipt. Thoroughly complete the online application forms. You will be guided through the application procedure step by step.
- Your application needs to be supported by two referees. You will need to provide us the e-mail contact of two referees within one of the steps in the application portal. Please make sure that your referees agree to provide you a recommendation letter within two weeks after you have submitted your application. We will contact your referees via e-mail and explain them how to upload their letters. It is your responsibility that the references arrive in time. In the case of a call with deadline, the selection usually starts immediately after the end of the call. Missing recommendation letters may possibly reduce your chances. It is therefore recommended to apply in good time before the end, which also gives the reviewers sufficient time to prepare their letters. If you apply shortly before the end of the call, you should inform your reviewers and ask them to be prepared and submit their work as soon as possible.
- In the last step, you need to upload the necessary application documents preferable as single PDF file:
- your letter of motivation (cover letter)
- your CV including the list of publications
- your Masters's certificate and transcript (if already issued)
- your Bachelor's certificate and transcript
You can stop your application in between and carry on with a link provided in an e-mail before the deadline (within a maximum of 30 days).